North Branch Area Schools is committed to protecting the privacy of sensitive and confidential information submitted through our web sites by employees, students, and visitors.
This Privacy Statement applies solely to information collected by this website (the “Site”). The Site may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that North Branch Area Schools is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. When leaving our site we recommend our users read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information. The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to inform you of the following:
- The personally identifiable information collected from you through the Site. How it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- The choices available to you regarding the use of your information.
- The security procedures in place to protest the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
The Site will only collect personal information that you knowingly and voluntarily provide by, for example, completing forms, sending e-mails, etc. The information collected by the Site is subject to North Branch Area School’s policies and administrative rules.
North Branch Area Schools may collect information about you from the Site through:
- Web Logs and Cookies: Our web servers generate temporary logs and cookies that contain a variety of information about each user and his/her use of our web sites. The information that we collect helps us respond to user requests in an appropriate and/or personalized manner.
- Online Forms: North Branch Area Schools (NBAS) hosts numerous online forms through which it collects user information. This information helps NBAS serve its users more efficiently. Delivery of the service supported by an online form may require that NBAS share information with external business partners.
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
In general, we use the information we collect only for its stated and implied purposes. We protect employee, student, medical, and other protected records as required by applicable law (such as HIPAA and FOIA legislation) and North Branch Area Schools' policies and administrative rules. Except as noted below, North Branch Area Schools will not share information about you with other parties without your permission
- North Branch Area Schools’ status as a public institution requires that some information collected through our websites may be subject to release under the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
- To maintain its compliance with federal and state legislation, North Branch Area Schools’ retains the right to release both personally identifiable and aggregate information to state and federal agencies as required.
- In addition, North Branch Area Schools publishes directory information (name, address, phone number, etc.) for its student population consistent with the provisions of FERPA legislation. North Branch Area Schools has only designated the following information as directory information:
- Student’s name,
- Student’s program of enrollment,
- Student’s extra-curricular participation
- Student’s achievement awards or honors (not to include specific scholastic grade), and
- The name of the student’s sending school
This Site uses a tracking technology called Google Analytics to obtain Site usage information such as users’ Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, Internet domain and host names, browser software, and the date and time that the Site is visited, which may be considered personal information in some jurisdictions. Information from Google Analytics allows us to monitor the use of this Site, understand how users find our Site, and improve the Site’s function and content.
When you submit information to North Branch Area Schools you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of that information as described in this Privacy Statement. Please note that other North Branch Area Schools’ sites may adopt different privacy practices as their specific needs require.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information on the Site, such as personal information or credit card information, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way.
Third Party Vendors
We do not share, transfer or release personal information to third parties besides those who provide us with services necessary to our operations “Vendors”. Our Vendors help us with, for example, web hosting, order fulfillment, and credit card processing. These Vendors may have access to your information.
North Branch Area Schools’ follows MCL 15.231 et seq. (Freedom of Information Act); Michigan Department of Education “Schedule for the Retention and Disposal of Public School Records,” Bulletin 522, Revised; and Federal Records Act as well as any other applicable federal or state law for managing the retention of North Branch Area Schools’ records.
Our Commitment to Information Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online, consistent with North Branch Area Schools’ policies and administrative rules.
If you feel that we are not abiding by this Privacy Statement you should contact us immediately via Email.
Changes to Privacy Statement
North Branch Area Schools may update or change this privacy statement at any time. Your continued use of the Site after any such changes indicates your acceptance of these changes.
Questions about this privacy statement, the practices of the Site, or your dealings with the Site may be directed to the North Branch Area Schools Privacy Office via Email.